The Misadventures of Cheri

Mortifying my kids one swimsuit at a time

Finally Feeling Normal

on August 3, 2008


Ah, yes! I’m back to my normal life and it’s grand. The activity ceased on Wednesday, but I spent most of that day either running kids around or asleep. Then yesterday I had to do the huge grocery shopping trip because we were out of practically everything. Thankfully my darling husband went to Costco for me so I didn’t have two mammoth trips in one day.

Let me back up to where I left off . . . . . . I had a wonderful visit with my sister-in-law. My in-laws came over from Yakima as well as Tyler and Tiffany’s uncle and his wife. Tiffany’s sister-in-law, Kim, came with her and I absolutely adore her. I’ve known her for years since Terry and Tiffany were married before. It was fun to be able to spend time with her. All of us met Tyler at Red Robin in the area of town he works in. We got a huge surprise and blessing as his sergeant let him have the rest of the day off to spend with his family. It was great. That night, Tiffany and I stayed up talking past midnight, which was kind of stupid on my part because I had to be up at 5:30 the next morning to get Austin to the church so he could go snowboarding all day with his youth group. But I came home and went back to bed.

Our eating habits were out of the norm that day. We ended up eating out twice, which I don’t know that we’ve ever done. We had Red Robin for lunch and then because Tiffany and Kim are from Alaska we did the obligatory meal at Olive Garden. All Alaskans must eat there when they come to visit because there isn’t one in Alaska. We ate there a few times when we moved down here, but have found much better restaurants since then and now hardly ever go. Funny how your prospective changes.

I finally finished the quilt I’ve been working on. Let’s just say it was not fun. I don’t know that I’ve ever had as many problems with a quilt as I had with this one. I seriously think I’m going to divorce quilting. There was no joy in this one. It got better once I was actually quilting it, and it really does look good so I don’t know if it will be a divorce so much as an amicable separation – lol. It’s in the dryer right now and I’m going to take some pictures of it before I send it off to its final destination. The top is cotton, but the borders and backing are flannel. The flannel was so soft it was intoxicating.

That’s about all from here. All I have on my plate for today is finishing the laundry, going on a walk with my husband and attending a leaders meeting at church. We just got the e-mail for the meeting on Wednesday and it said it was urgent. I don’t like the sounds of that. Club 45 had a huge activity planned tonight and they even rescheduled that. Our church generally runs things by group leaders before they lay it on the whole congregation (about 15,000). A form of crowd control I guess. Our pastor said he couldn’t release any details in the e-mail he sent out and I immediately got a bad feeling. We’ll see what happens. Tyler told me not to think the worst, it could be really good news. Due to the wording of the e-mail we got, I just don’t think so. So I might have a lot to blog about tomorrow!

In the meantime, I’m going to chill and get around to everyone’s blogs. I’ve missed you guys!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: