This week’s theme THE TIMES OF MY LIFE was provided by Lisa.
What are the five events of your life that have had the biggest impact on you . . . whether it was personal and/or public event? Elaborate as much or as little as you want!
1. Becoming a Christian at the age of 12. I don’t know what my life would be like without Christ and I don’t really want to know. The past 26 years of my life have been a marvel to say the least. To look back and see God’s faithfulness as I sought Him over the years is enough to bring me to my knees in praise. Not that life has been perfect – far from it. But I can see Him every step of the way.
2. Having my children. I don’t have words to put to what it’s been for me to be a mom – I can’t ever remember not wanting to get married and have children. It’s been a lot of things. Wonderful. Excruciating. And everything in between.
3. Moving back to Alaska in 1981. Maybe this should be #1. Alaska is where everything happened to me. Becoming a Christian, meeting my husband, having my children, learning to be a Christ-seeker, not a bystander. That one move changed everything in the course of my life. I was furious with my parents for “dragging” me back there. Little did I know it was the best thing that could have happened to me.
4. Moving to Washington state in 2004. What a move. What a wonderful event. Being here has been the best thing to happen to our family. Our church, our life, the absence of snow and sub-zero temperatures!! The ability to travel without breaking the bank. Tyler working for a much better department with an amazing schedule. If this wasn’t a God ordained and God blessed move then I don’t know what is.
5. And the last one . . . . . well it’s going to be private. It is something that is still too painful to talk about. I’m still coming to terms with it and not doing a very good job. But God has been faithful and He is slowly healing my broken heart. Maybe someday I’ll find the courage to share it and be an encouragement to someone else. But for now, it’s between me and God.